Saturday 3 October 2015

Healthy Recipes: Mexican Quinoa


I made this amazing dinner that I found on Pinterest yesterday and it was so yummy I wanted to share it on my blog. Its mexican Quinoa from Damn Delicious which you should check out for the full recipe. I have made a few changes to make it a little easier for me and it still tasted really good.

All you need is -
a Red Onion
Garlic
a Red Chilli
1 Cup of Quinoa
1 Cup of Vegetable Stock
Tin of Chopped Tomatos
Sweet Corn
Chilli Powder
Tin of Kidney Beans

1. chop up the onion. Glaric and Chilli in a pan. Then cook for about a minute.

2. Then add the Quinoa, Vegetable Stock, Chopped Tomatoes, sweet corn, Chilli Powder and Kidney Beans and bring to a boil.

3. Then bring down to a simmer until cooked (about 20 minutes)

I loved this so much and it made a lot so I think it will last me a couple more meals. Its the first time I have ever made Quinoa as well and it was so easy and really nice. I'm going to be making a lot more recipes with it so so keep an eye out for future recipe posts :)

I am currently doing blogtober so follow me on twitter and bloglovin to keep up to date with all my new posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment