Thursday 4 June 2015

Hair disaster! Schwarzkopf Color mask intensive lightener

 I've been thinking about dying my hair for a while now and I was going to do it properly this time. Plan it all out exactly how I wanted it and maybe actually go to the hair dressers. No matter how many time I buy a box of hair dye on the spot and it doesn't go to plan I never learn. This time was no exception and possibly my worst one!

I went into the shop intending to buy hair strip! I decided to just go for it and then I would decided what I wanted to do after once I had done it. I saw this Schwarzkopf Color mask intensive lightener and just thought it sounded interesting so wanted to give it a go. I thought it was either going to turn my hair bright blonde or do nothing at all. So why I brought it I don't no because I did not want any of these results. I was hoping that it would just lighten my hair.

The dye itself I really liked. You mix everything in the pot and it's really easy to apply yourself. I did it in about 5 minutes. I would recommend buying two if you have a similar amount of hair as me because I couldn't quite stretch it out on all of my hair.

Anyway to the disaster bit.. It turned my hair a really nice golden brown which I actually really liked. It was a little patchy as I said before because it could quite stretch over my whole head. The problem was my roots turned really blonde! And that was only after 20 minutes and it recommends half an hour. I had to take it out after I saw how bad it was. I feel like the picture below doesn't show it as bad as it was. I think mainly because I've never been blonde before so came quite a shock but the point of dying my hair was to cover the roots bit make them more visible, aha. 

I was really annoyed with the blonde roots as I really liked the rest of the colour. I also didn't feel the soft shiny hair that I usually feel with other dyes which I was worried about as I feel its just ruined my hair. I've left the house to buy a new hair dye and I will not be leaving again until I've dyed it again. 

Yes I am an idiot for putting this in my hair randomly not knowing what the results will be and yes I will probably continue doing this as a way of dying my hair. Occasionally it works, aha. I think its safe to say that I probably won't be using this hair dye again. Anyone else had any bad hair disasters or had a chance to use this product yet?




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this product. Its so easy to use and I found it works really well, even on dark dyed hair. It made your roots go lighter because it was probably your natural hair and roots always lighten quicker.

    ReplyDelete