Friday 12 June 2015

Festival Tips and Experiences

Festival season has started and I am super jealous of anyone going because I'm not going to any this year :( But I have been to a few before so thought I would share my tips and experience with you.

Take things expecting that it won't come back with you.
I lost a welly! How do you loose a welly. I looked everywhere around camp and still don't understand where it went. Also If your drunk or in a crowded area things just disappear. I lost quite a few things in my bag being in a mosh pit. I've also had a friend who's tent had been cut into and bag stolen. (my tip that that would be to not keep everything in your bag. I alway keep things around the tent so at least if this happens they don't take everything). It is surprising what you can loose.


Do a practice run of putting your tent up.
So a couple of years ago I went to download with a few friends. One called me a couple of hours before he was coming to pick me up telling me to bring my 8 man tent. I thought it was stupid but he convinced me that it was a good idea so I said I would bring it as long as the guys would carry it. We brought it and it was the heaviest thing in the world. the guys were almost in tears carrying it and it was midnight and we couldn't find anywhere to put it. luckily they opened one of the fields early so we could get it set up. But then we had no clue how to put it up. We must have spend a couple of hours putting it only half up before giving up and waiting until the morning. We were so fed up of this stupid tent by then end of the first night. So my tip here would be be prepared, know how to put your tent up and don't take a big one. Although I'm sure my friends are the only ones who would have thought that was a good idea.


Don't know anyone going to the festival?
Volunteer! I volunteered at reading festival a few years ago because all my friends were going but I didn't really want to pay for a ticket because it wasn't the best line up for me. So I found a company online to volunteer as a steward. It was so much fun and such a different experience. I would recommend it. All you have to do is pay a deposit (usually price of ticket, so you actually turn up) then when you've done all your shifts you get your money back. I'd love to do it again at a festival my friends aren't at so I'm not as temped to find them and take more advantage of meeting new people.



Go it alone!
The amount of times I wanted to go see a band and everyone else wanted to stay at the tent and carry on drinking. It got frustrating but if you go on your own you'll love it just as much. And you can get closer which I loved as your get to the big fans who go for it. I did it so many times each time I went to a festival and after the others regretted not seeing the bands they wanted to see. You don't want to miss the chance to see your favourite bands. Probably best if you going to do this to make sure you have a phone and people know where your going so you don't get into any kind of trouble.



I hope you enjoyed this post :) I've enjoyed looking back at some of the things that have happened. Let me know any funny stories you've had while at a festival?:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment