Wednesday 30 September 2015

One Month of a Healthy Lifestyle and 5 Tips That Worked For Me




About a month ago I wanted to start taking care of my body and get a healthier lifestyle. It wasn't about loosing weight, it was more about getting more energy and feel better about myself because I was feeling sluggish all the time and knew it was time to make a change.

After a month it hasn't gone to badly. I've had bad time and good times. The good times make me feel so good and productive and the bad time make me feel rubbish and sleepy all the time. Now I know how good I can feel its motivating me a little bit more but its still a bit hard sometimes. 

As I've had good and bad times, I have noticed a lots how food and exercise effects me. My skin clears up so much when I am being healthier and when I have a bad weekend I breakout like crazy. It gives me so much more energy and and less tired so I want to exercise more and get so much more done in the day. Doing at home workouts have increased my fitness so much.

I took pictures at the beginning and I've just taken pictures now and I have to say, I was a little disappointed that I haven't seen any changes. I think I was disappointed because this weekend I ate so badly so made me feel that I'd failed. I think this is the problem most people must feel when they don't get instant results. I've now realised that I'm not going to look amazing straight away and this isn't going to be the easiest thing but the benefits feel so worth it.


Here are 5 tips that have worked for me recently -

Cooking in bulk - spend a day a week cooking lots of food. Then its easier to eat healthy in the week because you already have meals ready and not tempted to grab something easy and unhealthy

Youtube videos - I found this really worked for me. Its so much easier to follow along a routine and see what to do that making it up yourself of doing a routine in a magazine or something. I found I pushed myself a lot more. My favourite channel is  Lucy Wyndham-read. Perfect for girls who want quick workouts.

Writing all exercise down - I don't know why this worked but seeing what I had done in the week (or hadn't done) really motivated me. I wrote down everything from walking the dog to an hours workout. I feel bad if I haven't written anything down for the day so feel more motivated to make up for it the next day.

Green tea - I noticed a big difference in my bloated belly when I fell in love with green tea. I drink a lot of water anyway but my problem was when I got bored of it I would drink juice or fizzy drinks. I started drinking tea in the morning and before bed and this stopped me going for the unhealthy drinks in the day. I noticed such a difference after a couple of weeks and it felt great because I wasn't even trying to do it.

Waterlogged App - This is just an app where you log all the water that you drink in the day to make sure your drinking enough. I rarely use this anymore, but it was great when I didn't drink enough water because it encouraged me to drink more. I now drink so much more than before so thats why I don't really need to use it anymore. If you don't drink enough I would recommend this a lot. 

Let me no what your biggest tip is?



No comments:

Post a Comment