Friday 22 January 2016

New Year New Me // Fitness Goals


Every year being healthy is no my new year resolutions list. I wouldn't say I horribly fail every year but I'm still not the healthiest I can be. How can you mark it a success anyway? By going to the gym everyday and eating salad all the time. I don't think being healthy is an easy goal because where do you start? Theres a lot of different areas where we could probably improve so I'm going to try something a little different this year.

First off I thought I would share with you where I can currently.

I've always been pretty active and a couple of months ago I joined the gym. I've been really good at going and am actually really enjoying it. They do a lot of classes which motivates me to go as its a set time and also my brother and a friend go so thats great motivation to. I try to go 2 or 3 times a week, one of them being a Pilates class and the other ones will be whatever fits in with my week.

so the keeping fit isn't to bad. But the eating well is the thing I struggle with.

I go through phases. Some times I eat really well. Some times I can eat really badly. I tend to start the day well with a smoothie, have a healthy lunch then dinner goes a bit down hill then I'll snack badly in the evening. which isn't to great.

I just want to point out now that This is out now that for me this is just about being fitter and healthier. I get a lot of comments from my friends saying that I'm already skinny enough but its not about that.

gym selfie

So the point of this post.

Instead of one big goal. I want to set lots of little ones throughout the year. Things that I can focus on until they eventually become a habit and I don't need to think about it anymore.

My first set of goals are - 

1.  Make Lunch to take to work with me every day (with a piece of fruit)

2. Have a side of vegetables for dinner everyday.

3. Reach 10,000 steps on my fitbit everyday.

healthy lifestyle quote

I think these three and all completely realistic to achieve in the next month or so. I don't think there difficult but I will probably need reminding everyday until they become a habit.

I'll keep you guys updated on here how it goes and will continue to make new goals throughout the year.

Are is getting heathy one of your new years resolutions? how are you achieving your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment