Monday 27 July 2015

July Birchbox


Late last month I decided it was finally time.. Time to get my hands on a birchbox. I have read lots of reviews on these and other subscription boxes and this one was the one I wanted. The package came really quick and I thought the bag was really cute and great to take on holiday. I know this post is a bit late but I really wanted to get it up as its my first one and want to share my first impression of it. I have tried out all the products so carry on reading for my opinion of the box and some mini reviews on the products I got.



Balance me congested skin serum - £16

I've used this a few time and I haven't been won over buy it yet. I have used it a few time over my skin were I am prone to breakouts and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference. But When I use it directly on a spot it did reduce it a lot. I have only done this once though so I am going to try using it more this way. But I don't think I will be buying it in full size.

UNANI Allow vera gel - £15

This says it can be used for burns, blemishes, eczema, bites and shaving balm. I have only used this for bites, which I thought stopped itching and got rid of it quickly, and as a shaving balm, which I thought didn't really do anything more than a normal moisturiser does. I really want to try using this as an aftersun and for blemishes though which I haven't tried yet so will keep you updated on how that goes. At the moment this feels like the one I would most likely buy in full size.  

Pop Beauty eyeshadow trio in peach parfait - £15.50

I love this pallet. There so pigmented and long lasting. The colours are really shimmery though which I didn't think I would be a fan of but I think they're really pretty for the summer. Unfortunately, one of the colours broke while being posted which was a shame, as it was a the lighter one which looks amazing as a highlighter under the eyebrow. But I think I left it to late to contact birchbox so I don't no if they would have tried to sort it out for me or not.


Benefit Cosmetics dream screen - £25

In all the reviews I have read this month about this I've read the same thing about this and I feel the same. I don't really need SPF 45 in England. I also have SPF in my moisturiser and foundation so am not going to add this to my skincare routine but I have tried it and its feels nice and not sticky like normal sun screen. I'm not sure how Im going to use it up though. I'll probably just take it on holiday with me to use on the beach.

Parlor by Jeff Chastain moisturising sea salt spray - £17

First time I tried this I hated it and was so disappointed because it made my hair feel gross and crunchy and I hated it and it look forever to brush it out. I don't no what happened after that but using it the second time I really liked it. There is a slight crunchy feel but I decided I liked that because my freshly washed hair is so soft and has no texture so I love applying this to add some waves. Does this even make sense? either way I'm loving it.

Pura Vida Lace headband in Aqua - £11.40 (pack of 8)

This looked cute. But I don't wear stuff like this in my hair so I'm not going to get any use out of this.

It probably doesn't seem like it. But I was actually pretty pleased with this box. When I first opened it I was excited to try out all the products and even though I didn't like some of them, I enjoyed trying new products out. My favourites were the sea salt spray and the aloe vera gel. I told myself when I brought the first one I would try at least a 2 or 3 but going on this one I really like it.

Did you get julys Birchbox? Let me know what you thought? x

No comments:

Post a Comment