Wednesday 28 January 2015

Whats in my makeup bag


Heya everyone! I was finally at home while it was light outside, which meant I could finally take some photos for my blog :) wooop! Im still trying to get into the routine of being able to post regally and keep on top of university. Finding time to take photos during the day is the hardest part, but I'll start to make time more often, as its my favourite part. Anyway today I thought I'd do a whats in my makeup bag. I don't have the biggest makeup collection because I don't like having more than one thing, or things I don't use. So as soon as I get a new Item, I want to get rid of the old one a soon as possible.


Foundations, concealers and powders
The first product that I always start of with is the Rimmel stay matt primmer. Its quite thick, but I find that it sinks in really quickly and makes makeup easy to apply. The foundation that I have at the moment I am trying to use up before going back to my old favourites. my favourite out of these 3 is the Garnier BB cream, although it doesn't have that much coverage, Its really light and evens the colour of my skin out. So this with my concealer is usually what i got for. The other two are Rimmel london matt BB cream and Stay matt. I like the BB cream and it has quite a lot of coverage but Im struggling to use the stay matt foundation as its really thick and is hard to apply. Both my concealers are from MAC. The MAC pro longwear I use for areas as its easy to blend and I prefer the other one (the names rubbed of I've had it that long) for covering spots. Then I use Rimmel london stay matte powder and natural bronzer.


Blusher
I love this Mac blusher so much, and is definitely one that I will always repurchase. I brought the Rimmel london stay blushed, as I was interested in trying a cream blush. I loved using it over summer, but have changed my mind on the dewy look so now put it on under my power, which makes it last a lot longer.


Eyebrows 
I am currently using the Rimmel london eye brow pencil and the Gosh defining brow gel. I like these both but am pretty open to finding new products after these are done, as doing my eyebrows is pretty new for me.


Eyeshadows
I'm not a massive eye shadow person. I usually have a natural brown, which I only use this Gosh pallet for. I used to love doing a dark smoky eye when I went for a night out, which I used Mac for, but I can't really be bothered for that anymore. But I do love the Mac eyeshadow, so I might have a look at some more natural colours as they last really well.


Eyes
I usually use Mac Prep and Prime, which I usually use just to give a clear base, I'm not to sure how much different it works to normal primer :/ I love using eyeliner and use it almost everyday. I'm currently really into pencil eyeliner and I prefer blending it out a bit. I have 2 gosh ones that I need to use up and then I have the Mac Technakohl, which is really good. I also have the Rimmel london gel liner and Avon Mega Effects mascara. I really like how this mascara is applied differently as I find it so easy to apply, but the only problem is that so much product comes out on the brush its been used up so quickly.


Lips
Lip products are the only things I enjoy experimenting with. My favourite are the mac lip pencils and the Revlon colour burst. The others are Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick, max factor lipfinity lasting lip tint and soap and glory mother pucker gloss stick. I am going to do another post to review some of these in more detail, as I rarely use most of these any more. I'm hoping it will get me back into them. 

I hope you guys enjoyed having a nosy into my makeup bag. I know it may not be as much as others I see do posts or videos, but I enjoy having a small amount. and I don't usually experiment with my makeup look anyways.

I have just got twitter so I'd love you if you could follow me :)


Enjoy the rest of your week:) x

1 comment:

  1. I love the stay matte powder foundation - great coverage. Nice post!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete