Sunday 23 August 2015

Whats in my travel bag

Heya everyone, Im going on holiday to New York this week and I am super excited about it. My family are taking me for my birthday so we will be starting the celebrations when we get out there (about two months early) :). I only been on a long haul flight once when I was about 15 so I've been watching lots of youtube videos and reading lots of blog posts for advice about what to take with me. My bag is overloaded and I have no idea if I've overpacked or not packed enough but I'm soon to find out.


I brought this bag especially for this trip. I wanted a bag that was big enough to fit my camera and other bits in and could go across the body as I'm taking my DLSR and it weighs a tonne carrying it around all day in a handbag. I've also managed to fit all my hand luggage in which is a bonus. Its £17.99 from New Look.



I am being prepared with magazines. I will probably finish most of these before I get on the plane.


I'm trying out an adults colouring book. I've liked the idea of this but I've never seen any I actually like the designs of. I saw this one though and really liked it and its small so can fit in my bag which I thought was a bonus. I've got some old colouring pencils (they're not perfect for pictures, but I did my best) :) and a note pad just incase I get some inspiration for blog ideas or anything.


I feel like I might have a bit to much beauty stuff here. I got a few bits I normally carry around with me such as the Hand sanitizer. lip balm. hand cream and hair bands. I've also packed a couple of things to give myself a little pampering session (as I've got 7 hours to kill) which I have packed a cleanser, makeup wipes, a hydration mask and some moisturiser. I have also put in a mini sea salt spray and my tangle teaser to revamp my hair before I get off the plane.


These are lots of little random bits. I got my headphones to watch films or steal my mum or brothers iPods. I have my sunglasses for when we get there and my purse for my money, I decided against my normal one and thought just a small one will do. I have painkillers and plasters which I just thought would be handy to have in my bag for the whole trip. I brought some sucky sweets because my ears get so bad when landing on planes. Does anyone else get that? These really help me.


I basically am taking my whole makeup bag with me. I no its a lot but because we get to New York at the beginning of the day and were planning on getting straight into it, Ive decided its just going to be easier to take it my makeup with me to do on the plane so I Don't have to worry about doing it when we get to the hotel and annoying everyone while they wait for me. I'm just being nice really.

Do you think I've missed anything or have I packed to much? Let me know whats your must haves for flying?

Follow me on twitter and instagram to keep up to date and I'll be doing plenty of blog posts on it when I get back :)

PS' I'm trying a new backgrounds out. Let me no if you like the change?



No comments:

Post a Comment