Tuesday 18 August 2015

Makeup Project Pan

I love watching Project Pans on youtube but never thought about giving it ago as I'm pretty good at using things up before buying more. I was looking at my makeup collection and although its not that big I realised that there was a few things in there I never go for or never really tried properly since buying. I have chosen 11 products that I rarely use to focus on over the next month or so. I'm not sure if I will manage to use them all up, but I'm going to try my best to use them all in my everyday makeup routine to make a good dent in them all and decide if they're worth keeping. I hate throwing things away that I've brought so I'm hoping to get through most of these before having to do so.


I have roughly marked where I am on these products so you can see the progress.

Maybeline Dream Fresh BB Cream - I brought this at the beginning of summer and I haven't given it a fair try yet. I've barely used any of it yet so I'm going to try and get through some of it over the next month so I can decided if I like it and if its worth keeping.

Rimmel London Stay Blushed - I do like this but I find it so much more effort to apply than powder so tend not to use it that often. I do really like it in the summer and it makes my cheeks look dewy so want to start using it up before I want to want to throw it away because I'm not using it.

Maybelline  Dream Flawless Nude - I have used this a few times and I always have a different opinion on it. I need to use it more consistently to decide if I like it. Its also quite a light coverage which I prefer in the summer so want to start getting through it now before summers over.
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - I have had this for almost 3 years now and I'm still only half way through. I want to focus on it so that its used up before I have to throw it away because its too old. This is actually really nice so I won't have a problem using this regularly.



Pop Beauty eye shadow Trio - I did only get this is julys Birchbox (here) but as the colours are so warm and shimmery I would like to make a bit of a dent in this pallet before the summers over. I've already finished one so just two more to go. (unfortunately one of them broke in the post) :(


Field day eye shadow pencil and Work the colour eyeshadow pencil - I kind of forgot about these eyeshadow pencils since buying them. I've used them both once and wasn't the biggest fan so didn't try again. I think I need to try again and incorporate them into some different eye looks so I can use them up.


Collections lasting colour in mango tango and Rimmel London Lasting Finish in 37 - Both of these colours are really similar. The only difference is the collections lasting colour is more balmy and Rimmel Londons is quite matte. I do really love both of these but as these are more summery colours I would like to take more advantage of wearing them now while I can.


Avon Mega Effects Mascara in Brown Black - My mum gave this to me as she didn't want it but I didn't realise it was a brown one. Its not my favourite but its ok for the summer when I'm going for a natural look. I've had this before and used it up so quickly so this shouldn't be a problem.

New ID Cosmetics Mascara - I got this free in a magazine. Its not great, but It looks ok on top of the avon mascara. Once I finish the avon I'll just throw this away as it was free and its not that great.

So I am going to give myself until the end of september to see my progress. After that I will decide which products aren't worth keeping and decide if I'll carry on with the others. I am going to aim to try and finish at least 5. I'm not very confident at the moment so wish me luck! 

Have you ever done a project pan? leave your links below if you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment