Thursday 14 January 2016

January Birchbox


I was very happy to receive my birchbox over the weekend! This month they joined up with pinterest and they have created 5 illustrated postcards to inspire us to have the best year ever! They are really cute and are definitely going on my wall. The products they have picked are also inspired to kick off 2016 in style.


Absolution L'Eau Soir et Martin - £27

This is a makeup remover which is really good. But my Garnier micellar water does the same much cheaper.

Whish Three Wishes Almond Body Butter - £14.50

I don't think I can review this product fairly just because I can't stand the smell! Almond isn't a smell I'm a fan off so I probably won't bother using this.


Compact Mirror - £4

This is cute and will be handy in my bag.

Beauty Protector Protect and detangle - £14

I used this once and notice that it came out a weird orangey colour. Which I didnt really want to use on my blonde hair so am a bit put off to use it again.


Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer - £18.50

I don't really get the point of mascara primer. I didnt really think it added much to my mascara so once I've use it up I won't be purchasing.

Jelly Pong Pong Lighten Up Brightener and Waterliner - £14.95

I really like this! It blends in so well in the inner corner of your eye and below the eyebrow. Brightens them up really nicely.

As you can probably tell with the mini reviews, I wasn't overly impressed with this box. I didn't feel that excited to try any of the products and the only product I really liked using was the Jelly Pong Pong Lighten up Brightener and waterliner. A couple of the the products I'm not even going to use and the rest I'll just use up to get rid of them. This box this month just wasn't for me.

I have decided to stop my birchbox subscription for a bit. Not because I wasn't a fan this month but because I would really like to try other services but I can't afford them all. I'm also trying to declutter my stuff and getting 5/6 new products every month isn't helping, aha. I have already subscribed to my next box which is very different so that will be up next month if your interested.

If your thinking about signing up to birchbox I would 100% recommend! There postage is really quick and Even though they advertise getting 5 products I think I've always got 6 in the  7 months I've been subscribed.

Have you got this months box? Let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment