Tuesday 26 January 2016

Hair Care Routine


A couple of months ago I got a very different look with my hair that changed my hair care routine a lot. I got quite a high contrast ombre look, so with very light ends I knew I was going to have to take a lot better care of my hair. I haven't really had a set routine for it to be honest until I got this done but after a few months I feel like I've finally found lots of great products I want to share with you

To check out my hair check out these posts;



These are the four main products I use to wash my hair. I have my normal shampoo and conditioner. Which I like to mix up a lot but I am currently using Pantene repair and protect conditioner and Aussie Winter Miracle Shampoo. I really like them both and use them for every wash. For every other wash after the shampoo I use the Bleach London Sliver Shampoo on the ends of my hair that are blonde. I love this and find it really keeps the colour from turning brassy. Because I've used quite a bit of bleach in my hair I use a deep conditioning mask in my hair once a week. My current favourite is the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask. It keeps my hair looking healthy and soft.


Theses are a few other steps that I use to keep my hair healthy. Coconut oil is one of my favourite products ever because its so versatile. I use it in my hair before washing as a hair mask. I will try to leave it in as long as possible before washing. So could be about 20 minutes up to sleeping with it in over night. I also use The Aussie Miracle Recharge Shine Leave in Conditioner. I like to use it after I have done my hair for the day as it leaves a nice shine and feels smoother. My favourite product that I use on my hair is Moroccan Oil. I use it every time after I wash my hair to leave the ends hydrated. It really makes a difference especially when its getting to that time when you need a hair cut.


A few other bits I enjoy using on my hair are the Batiste dry shampoo. I always buy the biggest bottle I can because I love it so much. It saves me washing my hair so often which does it some good and gives it great volume. Heat defence is obviously very important and I am currently using the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection, which I'm using because I got it free when I brought my hair dryer, but its still really good. I'm just never really fussy to which one I use. I love salt spray because my hair tends to take really well to them. If I curl my hair once it just keeps them alive for the rest of the days until I wash it again. So I don't have to use as much heat which saves my hair a lot. My favourite is the got2b Beach Matt Texturising Salt Spray.

So thats everything That I use. I don't no if its a lot or not but I don't use it all everyday. Let me know what your favourite hair products are? do you have any tips to look after ombre hair?

3 comments:

  1. I love coconut oil too!! It's so versatile. Been wanting to try a few of these products for a while now, might have to hurry up and purchase them. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having troube with my hair at the minute so i am going to try and use this! I don't have ombre hair but oh well! https://chocolatedropswordpresscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having troube with my hair at the minute so i am going to try and use this! I don't have ombre hair but oh well! https://chocolatedropswordpresscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete